Check out some interesting facts about hummingbirds and how our CALLIOPE customers are similar to these powerful creatures.
1. Did you know there are over 330 different species of hummingbirds? These little creatures come in all shapes and sizes, just like women. Not one woman's body is the same as another and we are all beautiful in our own way. Stay confident in who you are ladies and don't change yourself for anyone.
2. Only female hummingbirds build nests. The male hummingbird is not involved in raising young. A shout out to all you amazing moms out there who are raising beautiful babies. As a mother of two boys I know how crazy life gets and also the amount of sheer joy they bring into my life. I wouldn't change it for the world. Moms are just wired differently. It's first nature for us to care for our babies, just like it is for these powerful little birds. We had to laugh at this because we know a lot of "golf widows" out there. The ladies are at home while their husbands are out golfing. Raise your hand if this is you?! And if this is you, we challenge you to embrace the golf. Rather than get upset with your husband for making you a golf widow get out there on the course with him. Learn the game, teach it to your kids and enjoy the sport as a family. Challenge yourself to step outside your comfort zone, teach your kids a sport they can play for the rest of their lives and bring your family together through this often frustrating yet rewarding game that teaching so many amazing life skills.
3. These little birds travel a lot. Some travel over 2,000 miles twice a year. Many of our CALLIOPE customers are considered to be "snow birds". I'm sure you've heard that expression. They fly south for the winter to warmer weather and greener pastures, or in this case, greener courses.
4. No other birds can fly like hummingbirds. They can fly forward, backward, and even upside down! Hummingbirds are also the only vertebrae capable of hovering for a period of time during flight. Kind of like women in our opinion. We truly can do it all and sometimes feel like we're moving forward, backward and upside down. Actually, sometimes it's like that on the golf course as well. Don't tell me you've never hit a backwards shot ladies and if you did, I hope you were able to laugh at yourself. Don't sell yourselves short gals, a lot is expected of us all in today's society, sometimes it feels like a regular circus but always remember to "just keep swinging"!
5. Hummingbirds can be extremely aggressive. Have you ever sat on your deck and watched these little buggers attack each other because one tried to squeeze next to the other at the bird feeder? They really don't mess around. And let's be real, women are insanely competitive creatures and manage to create competition out of the most ridiculous things. For instance, every woman wants to look the best out on the course and no woman wants another woman wearing the same outfit as her. Give us a shout if you've been there?! Men could care less, probably because all their polos look the same. At CALLIOPE we try to create various pieces that you can style and mix and match so that you'll never be caught wearing the exact same outfit as another gal on course. Stay sassy ladies, we love it!